If you saw my last post, you saw I had some problems with my “one-click-install” from Dreamhost. I finally got a response from their support folks. Apparently, the installer thought my WordPress installation was a new one, and by default, new installations have a randomly generated table prefix. I’d by that but that doesn’t explain how the first post basically took over my blog. changed the title, and changed the admin password and the admin email address. Oh well.
Other than that, I had some other weird things to check out. My dashboard page was spewing errors and it seemed that my problems were related to the K2 theme… but I am not using the K2 theme now. Somehow, the upgrade reactivated the K2 plugin that disabled the default WordPress sidebar widgets. I did some mucking around in the files and commented out the offending functions, but then realized I should just disable the offending plugin. I also had to “restore” wp-admin/index.php and wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php since I didn’t keep detailed track of what I did. A md5sum and a diff helped me realize I should just restore the files from the WordPress 2.5 zip file.
The other thing I did was disable “SpotMilk,” which was an admin theme. Now that it is disabled, I see all the functionality of WP 2.5. My advice to you, if you are running SpotMilk, is to forget it.
I think WordPress 2.5 is really slick. It will be great to those new users. It’s the “Ubuntu” of blogs.