This cracks me up. I have been getting a ton of spam comments from the .ru TLD, and it always begins with either:
Hello my dear friend! I’m a pure student…
Interesting CMS. What software do you use?
Or some variant of the above. C’mon, guys, if you are going to try and trick me, you got to do better than that. At this point, I am almost insulted at this feeble attempt. But that’s not really what I wanted to write about.
Tonight I’m sort of reflective. So much as happened since I last posted. Certainly some of it is good, some of it is exciting, and some of it has certainly been a challenge. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find a Youtube vid that represents my mood, but unfortunately, I think the risk of misunderstanding is too high, so therefore, I refrain.
I usually post about technology or funny things, but so much has been queuing up, it’s hard for me to decide where to begin.
- I am still madly in love with my T-Mobile G1, the Google/Android based phone. I saw that Google had an Éclair delivered to their office: Each release of the Android OS has been named after pastries: Cupcake, Donut… Éclair is rumored to be Android 2.0…
- I actually had my first Corny Keg experience with my homebrew in anticipation of our neighborhood Oktoberfest. Pics and vids to follow, (it’s this weekend).
- I’ve been rehabbing a rental house in my spare (but limited) time.
- I’ve been learning Python, (but had to use Perl in a recent pinch).
- More and more people are asking me for help with Trixbox and Cisco SIP phones.
- I’ve been to HP HQ in Houston, TX for an executive briefing; I was blown away and met some really cool people.
- I am meeting with Cisco regarding their UCS offering.
- I’ve been meeting with Microsoft (and attend the ‘Technical Decision Makers Launch’ of Window 7, Server 2008, and Exchange 2008.
- I am planning on attending the VMWare Users group event in Atlanta on November 5th, 2009. Maybe I’ll see ya, there?
- I’ve been enjoying Google Wave! (Sorry, I haven’t been able to send out invites, yet… so don’t ask!)
- I have a new WinCE based GPS that I am hacking, (oh yeah, I forgot about this, but it’s a big ‘un!).
So I’ve been busy, but it’s been good. Any of the above items could be a separate blog post.
I’ve been really impressed with Google Wave. It ain’t perfect yet, but I see the potential of it. I might even go as far to say that it could be Email 2.0 but I probably need to elaborate on that. Along the same note, I wonder if Twitter is the new USENET. <- If you don’t get that, don’t worry about it. But if you want my highly entertaining, hand waving monologue on this, let’s meet for a beer!