Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written anything about my efforts to build a cheap-o HTPC on an old Pentium 450. Frankly, I haven’t had much time to deal with it. Where I last left it, I took it over to my bro-in-law’s house and we tried to get it going since we wanted to watch some German Soccer. It didn’t work since we needed some sort of VGA -> TV converter. We ran out trying to find one in the area under the radar of the spouses and we didn’t have any luck. I brought it home with the intent of working on it more and it’s just been sitting around.
I will say that we used a pair of the Netgear ethernet-over-powerline and I was impressed how well they worked.
Some questions have come up over how secure these things are, but they worked out of the box as advertised. I keep meaning to look into the security thing more closely.
I’m also planning on writing about importing POI’s on the Mio c310x. I was helping my sister-in-law with her Mio and realized that it is pretty complicated on setting up so I promised I’d write something up. I’ve already started the draft and should have something up in the next few days.
Keep checking back, Space-fans!